Thursday, July 7, 2011

hungry?: Ralph's Loyalty Program

We gotta eat.  I mean, hello, can you survive on caffeine and adrenaline alone?  (well, I can because I’m awesome but that’s besides the point.)  So of course, we go to the inevitable topic: Grocery Shopping.  I prefer to shop at Whole Foods, but since it’s also known as WHOLE PAYCHECK, I can only go so often for staples I can’t find anywhere else.  Trader Joe’s is hit and miss, Gelson’s is overpriced for what they have (5 BUCKS FOR A HALF GALLON OF ALMONDMILK?!?!?! NO COMPRENDE TERRIBLE LOGIC) and while I also like Vons/Pavilions/Safeway and Albertsons, the store that never lets me down is Ralph’s (for you non-California folk, that would be Kroger and the Kroger Brand across the nation.)  Why do I like Ralph’s?  They tend to have everything mainstream and a ton of things you could only find at Whole Foods, and the best thing ever….the Ralph’s Club Card.  The Ralph’s Club Card is the crème de la crème of Grocery Loyalty Programs.  Sure, some chains send terrible coupons and maybe markdown some prices for you, but Ralph’s will be a cut above the rest when it comes to sales and their coupon selection, especially when they send you coupons tailored to your frequent buys….as well as double points and HUGE discounts/savings.  Take for instance the end of the last points period.  This is what I got.


YEP.  How awesome is that?!  So I go and I do my grocery shopping (or should I say GROCERY HAUL) and I end up spending a godawful amount….until my coupons kicked in.  this is the result.


YES, THAT WOULD BE AN 8.  AS IN $82.13 OF MONEY SAVED.


WILL YOU EVER SHOP AT ANOTHER CHAIN AGAIN?  I THINK NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment