Tuesday, June 21, 2011

hungry?: .....BOA STEAKHOUSE?!

OK, we know i love BOA.  it's my favorite steakhouse in LA....and you don't even have to get steak.  their grilled chilean sea bass is my FAVORITE fish on the planet....holy god, my mouth is watering thinking about it....but it's not cheap.  at all.  however, my best friend, the fabulous beka, was in town and before she left, we decided to try BOA for lunch as a splurge.  we thought the bill would be outrageous....we were surprised.

we both ordered a salad-Beka got their caesar ($11) and i got their mixed greens ($10).  we then decided to get the creme de la creme of burgers: the BOA Kobe Burger.  I requested mine plain.  they gave me a bunless burger (i'm guessing the waiter took one look at me and thought "oh, she doesn't need carbs, just let her have the fruit....")
let me tell you though....for $17, all of the greatness that is a BOA steak was in that delicious Kobe burger.   BARGAINISTA TIP: if you ever want to go to a fancy restaurant, go for lunch.  typically the prices are lower and still worth every bite.

....okay so i should admit we went with my mother (who got the petit filet and mac and cheese, and a caesar) and beka and my mother also got dessert (i got tea and stared....so rude of them!) and no one at our table paid for the meal....that one was courtesy of one bill sparks, attorney at law....but STILL.  if you need a fancy restaurant that you can splurge on a budget and either impress or feel like a real housewife of beverly hills, BOA at lunch is a great find.

to recap:
BOA Steakhouse
9200 Sunset Blvd (West Hollywood) and 101 Santa Monica Blvd (Santa Monica)
www.boasteak.com

No comments:

Post a Comment