Thursday, July 28, 2011

hungry?/thirsty?:Starbucks Gold Loyalty Program

it's a long running joke that i run solely on caffeine and unicorn blood (....5 points to whoever gets the latter reference).  in college, since i commuted from home, i was on campus or en route to campus between 16-20 hours a day, 5 days a week....and even more in high times of stress (sleeping?  what's that?)  as a way to make sure i don't fall asleep at my desk or at the wheel and to save money on food (since their food IS delicious, have you TRIED their hummus?!  so good.), my dad would send me a starbucks card, preloaded, and then told me to refill when i got low on my balance.  he still tells me to refill my card and i've been out of school a year.  so after i registered my card and literally lived in starbucks, i was sent a shiny gold card with all the perks-free soy milk (which i don't drink but it's a nice thought), free syrups (YESSSSS), and every 15 drinks, i get a free drink, not to mention other little perks in the mail/email.

needless to say, i pay for starbucks' light bill every month, but it's nice to be given a reward for being their best customer ;)  BARGAINISTA TIP: loyalty programs, guys.  even if you just buy yourself a card and load it, you can keep track of how much money you spend a month on coffee, and where you can cut costs (i.e. do you REALLY WANT to pay 50-70 cents for soy milk and syrups?  no?  okay good.)

recap:
Starbucks
....they're on every corner.
www.starbucks.com // twitter: @Starbucks

No comments:

Post a Comment